Saturday, April 11, 2009

Encouragement

So, it's been . . . a low spot for me and it's really been taking a toll on me, and it shows. I've been looking for ways to look at the silver lining, to find the good in all of this stuff, and it's been working. Mainly because I've been focusing on what God has been doing to me and doing through me and . . . that's making a ton of difference. I mean, I've realized something, that I've been looking at this trial all wrong. I've been saying that I hate this, that I hate this process, but that I'm going to endure because of the finished product. I should be looking at this as a welcomed event. I should be looking at my trial and my hardship and be thinking that it's a blessing, instead of a curse. I know the finished product is going to be amazing, so I have to look at it as if it's a great thing. That's crazy hard.

And that being said, I've been reading some verses I wrote down a long time ago to memorize and I found them again today, and well, my day went from horrible to great. So I figured I'd write them down. Tell me what they mean to you when you read them.

There's a few, so read on some are cliche but w/e they're great.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths strait.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will up hold you in my righteous right hand.

Jeremiah 33:3
Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not grow weary; they shall walk and not grow faint.


Wait on the Lord... in the midst of trials. . .wait on the LORD

thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment